Dichotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dichotomy

Species at war

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

"The Haven"

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

Number of posts : 34
Humor : Blended
Registration date : 2010-03-01

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:07 am

"Welcome all, to my humble abode, and hopefully my livelihood. Would anyone like a drink, or perhaps dinner would be appropriate?" Safan gestured toward the magic fueled elemental oven. "It might look like a lava vent in there, but I promise I know how to cook with it!" He finished with a chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Goto
New to the Game
Kasumi Goto

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-04-28

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:33 pm

She walked in and sat down at one of the tables. "This is really nice." She looked around at the pleasing room. "I wish I could eat. It's one of the things I wish I could most do again." She smiled at Safan letting him know he didn't offend her.
Back to top Go down
Kosuke Ryu Suoh
New to the Game
Kosuke Ryu Suoh

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2010-05-04

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyFri May 14, 2010 7:37 pm

He just heard the man's comment about the oven as he walked in. His stomach growled and he looked towards the man. He listened to the girl talk about how she missed eating. He was curious about her so he sat at the same table she was sitting at. "I'll take something if you don't mind." he looked over to the man. "My name is Kosuke by the way."
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyWed May 19, 2010 7:43 am

"Well, Kosuke, though I apologize to Katsumi for my rudeness in partaking in that which she cannot, I'll make sure its well prepared. Do you have any preferences?" Safan said. All the while he had brought out 4 large steaks and vegetables, a stone pot, seasonings, and donned a black cooking apron that was appropriate for his size. "I'm a good cook, so just tell me any way you want it cooked. Also, what would you like to drink? I'm partial to Fire Wiskey."

As he said this, he poured a deep crimson liquid from one of the bottles on the counter, the contents of which ignited the meat for a moment, soaking in and singing it. After this, he partook of the bottle himself, exhaling a small tuft of smoke afterward.

"I wouldn't offer it to just anyone, and its probably best that I lay off myself." He said with a chuckle. "However, I don't think a dragon would have a problem with it?" Safan questioned Kosuke.
Back to top Go down
Kosuke Ryu Suoh
New to the Game
Kosuke Ryu Suoh

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyFri May 21, 2010 6:09 pm

Kosuke smiled at his interesting host. He was a witty guy. "Sure fire whiskey sounds great. Also make that steak nice and medium. Like my meat a little cooked after all." He smiled at Safan and looked at the girl in front of him. She was quite pretty. He leaned forward and rested his elbows on the table. "I've never met a spirit before." He paused saying this to her. "What's it like?" he asked after his moment of hesitation.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptySat May 22, 2010 10:25 am

Safan showed up at Kosuke's side as if from nowhere, with a nearly raw steak hanging from his mouth. He has Kosuke's floating at his side, as if by some insubstantial force. "Sorry, I couldn't wait. I hope you enjoy it!" He recovered 2 stone cups from the pockets on his apron before removing it to sit at the table across from Kosuke and Kasumi. After pouring 2 fairly large cups of the whiskey, and after handing the second cup to Kosuke he took a sip, then spoke.

"I built this place with nothing but my one skills and knowledge, and yet, I've seen no business. Perhaps its my abilities that scare others away. I suppose a mighty dragon, and a girl with no fear of death would have no reason to fear me, but it doesn't stop customers from it." He gestured to both of them respectively as he said this, then sighed. " I'd appreciate the company if you visited occasionally? I know there isn't much interesting in this Circus called Griof, but it is fitting I'm here. I'm not leaving any time soon, and The so-called "ruler" would never waste time coming to collect taxes from me, as I would simply disembowel any of their sick experimental Chimera. Without the threat of force, they'll have nothing of mine."

After finishing his "slightly more than rare" steak, and downing his whiskey, he stood, which meant getting closer to the floor for him. "I'm still starving. I'm feeling more like vegetables now though... You two feel free to chat and look around. I'll be back with more food in a moment." With this he made his way to the cellar, leaving the two, ancient, though seemingly young couple to get acquainted.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Goto
New to the Game
Kasumi Goto

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:13 pm

Kasumi looked upon the two men in wonderment. She wished she could eat too but it didn't really matter. She watched Safan leave and turned towards Kosuke. "That was really beautiful." she mumbled to him.
Back to top Go down
Kosuke Ryu Suoh
New to the Game
Kosuke Ryu Suoh

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:16 pm

Kosuke listed to Safan and started to eat his steak. It was well made. He scarfed it down before Safan even had the chance to leave the table. "Hey bring me some more food too if you don't mind." he called after Safan when he walked away.

Kosuke looked at Kasumi. She was very pretty for a dead person and no doubt would have been more beautiful alive. He took a sip of the fire whiskey and set the cup back on the table as she mumbled to him. "What was really beautiful?" he asked her raising an eyebrow.
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Goto
New to the Game
Kasumi Goto

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:18 pm

"Oh uhh when you shape shifted." she looked away embarrassed. "I've never seen anything like that before." She looked back at him as red crept over her cheeks. "I'm sorry I'm not very good with people anymore." She started to fade out as she said this to him.
Back to top Go down
Kosuke Ryu Suoh
New to the Game
Kosuke Ryu Suoh

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:20 pm

"Haha..." he started laughing. "I'm sorry I don't think I've ever been called beautiful before. It kind of comes as a shock." Kosuke's cheeks turned pink at her compliment. "Honestly though I'm not that good with people either since I'm not really a full blooded human." He smiled at her.
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

Number of posts : 39
Humor : I was never meant to work, but I was meant to make money
Registration date : 2010-06-03

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptySat Jun 05, 2010 12:09 am

Scyn walked up to the front door. He could see the clouds forming off in the distance. A big storm was brewing. He needed a place to stay for the night. Scyn knocked as loud as he could without breaking the door down. And hopefully they wouldn't try to be arrogant in a city of mutants where most were telepathetic. He could hear the intruiging thoughts of the patrons inside.

"Excuse me," he called, "is anyone hear? I was hoping you might offer assylum for just a night!" He felt stupid for asking that question, but it was a normal thing to do.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:31 am

Safan made his way back up to the sound of knocking and the young couple chatting. He dropped the ham and vegetables on the counter and went to get the door. As he opened it he said, "Welcome to the Haven. How can I help you?"
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 1:32 pm

Scyn smiled politely as he bowed in respect. "I hope you wouldn't mind if I stayed the night here." He asked politely.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 6:45 pm

"Well, I guess not. You came at a good time. After tonight, I'm going to start charging people. However, tonight, we celebrate, my new friend! Tonight, I'm officially open for business. Can I get you something to eat? or maybe a strong ale or liquor?" Safan gestured toward the table where Kosuke and Kasumi were seated.

He continued, "Ahh, my apologies. I have been thoughtless. My name is Safan, and this is Kosuke and Kasumi. What's your name friend?" He looked at the man quizzically as he said this.
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 8:15 pm

"My name is Scyn," he said as he held a hand out. "And to be completely honest, I was hoping you might have a bottle of perfectly aged rum on hand." He had been longing for the sweet, addictive alcoholic beverage for some time. It was the drink he mostly had during celebrations.
"And it is a pleasure to meet you, my friend."
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptySun Jun 06, 2010 10:15 pm

"Ahh, aged rum. I do happen to have a few bottles of some fine, aged to perfection rum. They're not something to sell to customers, but its nothing to share with my friends." Safan's voice faded as he went into a back room for a moment, only to return in an instant with the rum in question.

He removed the peculiar wax seal over the lid, which was white and embossed with a dragon. He explained, "This is a rum, known in another language as 'The White Dragon.' It has a magical cooling effect, that, unlike most liquors, will actually quench your thirst." He poured 3 glasses full of the liquid, and placed the half empty bottle on the table.

He then passed the glasses to Kosuke and Scyn. "A toast to happiness my friends, and to a long future."
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Scyn took the glass, rose it to the toast, and downed his in one gulp. The sweet, burning liquid tickled his throat as it slid down. He could tell this night was going to be a good one.

"So thisis the openning night of the haven?" Scyn asked respectfully.
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyMon Jun 07, 2010 11:44 pm

"Indeed, it is. I built this place with my arcane skills, and the sweat of my brow. I'm proud to call this place my own." Safan beamed with pride. He poured another glass for Scyn and himself. After handing the glass to him, he continued. "So, what leads you here my friend?"
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyTue Jun 08, 2010 4:58 pm

"Actually," Scyn began after taking a swallow of his rum, "I was supposed to be here on a diplomatic mission. The people I used to be in league with turned out to be worse than I had expected. Now I'm simply trying to discover my past and my family." Scyn downed the rest of his drink and set the glass down.

"I've heard there is a city leader here attempting to amass an army large enough to conqure the world. Since I am a psychic, I could here most thoughts around the area and it seems those claims are correct. But I can't find the city leader. He seems to be.... Shielded."
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 4:38 am

"He would be, I think he's a Lich or something. You say your here on a diplomatic mission? It seems more like your here to kill him? Or whatever you do to undead anyway. Course, the undead thing is just my theory, he could be anything I guess..." Safan trailed off and then finished his drink.

After he finished the rum and set down the glass, he resumed, "If I find out anything more, I'll let you know. Also, if you need asylum, or backup, just let me know. I won't have my new friend harmed when I could stop it."
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 12:41 pm

"Thank you, my friend," Scyn said gratefully. "Though I would much like to kill the leader for his treatment of his people, it was a simple diplomatic solution my organization had in mind. Of course, if he threatened me in anyway, then I was given permission to terminate. But that is all in the past now. If he is what you say, I'll just wait to run into him on the street."
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 3:05 pm

"Well, I'm afraid thats a problem. The so-called leader doesn't leave his keep. He always sends out viziers and servants to do his bidding. Theres also a possessed raven that I would bet is his. I can have animals do my bidding, but this thing is seriously possessed." As he finished he sat down. He didn't appear it, but he was starting to get slightly tipsy. Eventually, despite his potent blood, his size would cause him to get drunk.

"You have quite a few obstacles in front of you. I don't know what to tell you, except that I'll do what I can." He poured the rest of the rum into the glasses as he spoke. After he handed Scyn his glass and sipped his, he continued. "You're welcome to stay here, and I'll see what I can find out over the next few days."
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 11:14 pm

"Thank you again. I appreciate your support and I'm not an idiot; I will accept all the help I can get. I don't have infinite power, this I am aware of. My powers are definitive as well; shape-shifting, telekenesis, telepathy, and 'Arms Intuition.' I could easily hide from him, but I'll need help getting to him. If he is as you say, he must be dealt with. I never chose to be one, but I was trained as an assassin by the dark-elves. I'm certain they are the deadliest in all of Dichotomy." Scyn said as he downed his next glass. Due to his abilities and past training, the alcohol had barely any effect on his brain. He could tell though, through hearing his thoughts, that his friend was feeling only slightly tipsy.

"If everyone here could help, that would be wonderful. I'd need to know your powers, then we can devise a plan. Agreed?"
Back to top Go down
safan
Regular Roleplayer
safan

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 2:17 am

"I don't know about them, but my powers are fairly complicated, but potent. I can do much with the elements and my arcane power is of a level seldom come by. I can shape shift to a point, and my fighting skill is difficult to equal. As long as I don't lose control of my powers, I would be the last thing that one saw before a quick death. I usually choose not to fight, but I will if I am left with no alternative." Safan looked longingly at the empty bottle and formulated an idea.

"I have another bottle of a whiskey that is as good as the rum was, at least. Would you prefer to partake?" Safan let the question hang.
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:55 am

"Certainly. My only question is, and pardon me if I am intruding, but should you be drinking much more? I can hear the buzz in your head, you're getting tipsy. It won't be too long now." Scyn said as a word of caution. He would hate to have Safan wake up to a terrible hangover.

"And I respect your power. I would hate to get in a tangle with Arcane myself. I never took the time to learn magic. Never believed that one should get something so risky to do what you could with your hands. Telekenesis has served a good suppliment. And what about you, my friend? I haven't heard much from you since I arrived." Scyn said to their other guest at the table.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"The Haven" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "The Haven"   "The Haven" Empty

Back to top Go down

"The Haven"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dichotomy :: OOC :: Erased Topic 1-
Jump to: