Dichotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dichotomy

Species at war

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!

Go down 
+4
heru
Nrel
Abigail
Anya
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Anya
Addict
Anya

Number of posts : 169
Humor : punny
Registration date : 2008-06-19

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyMon May 31, 2010 10:00 am

I've rewiped the site and put everything we had into a colossal topic under the Chatterbox. If you still want to write there or you want to change anything or use some of the bits you've already used... or even if I accidentally moved something I shouldn't, it's all there. Just go check it out!

Also! I was talking to our long-lost friend Sachiel, and he gave me an idea that's apparently commonplace on other RP sites. They actually ask permission and work out an idea of what's going to happen in their threads before starting. If we adopted this idea, it might make it a bit easier to keep up with the timeline.

For the timeline, we will have:
-the current season, moon, and any other standardized things. Also, the "current" day.
-each character will have its own "journal," which will have links to the places that each character was at when such and such a thing happened.
*PLEASE ACTUALLY LINK THEM. I don't want to have to go behind everyone and clean up.
*Also, if a group of people are interacting, you can group these journals together under the same day.
-Each new "entry" will be headed by the day, which I will add under the Timeline option as needed.
-REMEMBER THAT YOU CANNOT FLIT FROM ONE SIDE OF THE WORLD TO THE OTHER. Traveling takes TIME. REMEMBER THAT, and travel accordingly. The cities are a long way apart; who would want to fight against another city that lives on your doorstep?

Any suggestions, additions, concerns, etc.? Please let me know in the Suggestions topic, and I'll adjust as needed! Also, anyone who's already written needs to contact me about their prospective timeline. (Sorry, but I'm talking mainly to Safan, Nrel, Kasumi, and Kosuke.) I need to make sure that the timing makes sense and such before I start the timeline. If you'd prefer your thread be restarted, let me know!

Also, this is a call to review the rules of magic. I will be enforcing them more strictly this time around, so REMEMBER them. If your character needs to change some to facilitate this, please be sure to do so. I want a real give-and-take going on here, not just some half-rushed explanation. Anything that might be added to the Magic Rules, any ideas, suggestions, etc. can be posted in the Suggestions topic.
Back to top Go down
Abigail
New to the Game
Abigail

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2010-05-31

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyTue Jun 01, 2010 6:34 am

Well I have written a few suggestions/ concerns about powers and such and I will possibly if allowed begin to make a list with all the chars on, showing the species and such... like a big index list

- Thread here

And I think Magic like transportation/teleportation/portals and & sealing/barriers/ and such should have a category of its own in the magic section.
Back to top Go down
Nrel
New to the Game
Nrel

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2010-02-10

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 8:57 am

Ah Anya i apologize for my absence. but i have returned. you said you have a message for me about the timelines? I do believe that all the new changes should help the site.
Back to top Go down
heru
Regular Roleplayer
heru

Number of posts : 28
Humor : None
Registration date : 2008-07-27

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 3:14 pm

Greetings Nrel, I do not think we have had the pleasure of meeting each other Very Happy If you should ever want a thread, then I am up for anything. Got any other questions or should ever need help, i am up for it, since I be a mod Razz and mods help
Back to top Go down
Rakel
Devoted Roleplayer
Rakel

Number of posts : 72
Humor : Serious
Registration date : 2009-11-01

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 4:32 pm

Hey heru. im always up for a thread. If you want to know wht other characters i have just pm me. but my main is rakel. a were
Back to top Go down
Kasumi Goto
New to the Game
Kasumi Goto

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2010-04-28

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyThu Jun 03, 2010 11:05 pm

Anya told me to tell you guys that she will be away until Wednesday the 9th. I also apologize for being away.
Back to top Go down
heru
Regular Roleplayer
heru

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 10:09 am

Okay guys, for them of you that has a mutant or any relations to Griof I will be making an Open thread for you all to join if you want to. Your leader got something important to tell you.
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

Number of posts : 39
Humor : I was never meant to work, but I was meant to make money
Registration date : 2010-06-03

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyFri Jun 04, 2010 4:31 pm

And aside from that, does anyone want to join me in Strid? I'd like company before I make my trip to Griof
Back to top Go down
Spica
Spica

Number of posts : 119
Humor : English
Registration date : 2008-07-11

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:55 pm

Back! :3 I'm going to be starting work soon, though, so chances are I'll only be able to get on in the morning and after dinner.
Anyway! I'm glad to see everyone's been writing! X3 And welcome, Scyn!
Back to top Go down
Anya
Addict
Anya

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 1:45 pm

Tryin' out some new backgrounds 'cuz i just found out how. Let me know what you think!
Back to top Go down
Rakel
Devoted Roleplayer
Rakel

Number of posts : 72
Humor : Serious
Registration date : 2009-11-01

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 9:47 pm

i think this one works since its suppose to be a war and we control the characters. it makes ironic sense
Back to top Go down
heru
Regular Roleplayer
heru

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 3:18 am

I like chess.... so this fits perfectly Razz
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 4:15 pm

I hope no one minds, but I decided to become a Jedi since I figured it would be interesting. He isn't invincible, but he is strong. He is still a mutant too, since the telekenesis and telepathy is natural. Just a heads up!
Back to top Go down
Spica
Spica

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 7:01 pm

Hm... sounds good, but you'll probably have to tweak the normal Jedi idea in order to make it more compatible with Dichotomy's theme. Razz Just keep that in mind.
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:46 pm

The background looks cool, by the way. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Spica
Spica

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 11:56 pm

:3 Thanks! I thought it was rather appropriate. I wish you could see the whole thing, though. XD"
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 12:05 am

You sorta can when the page is loading. The full page waits while the background stays. It's cool!
Back to top Go down
Scyn
Admin
Scyn

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 12:42 am

Ok, I know that the page is massively huge now. It was my b! I created the arch nemesis for my character and it's the only other one I am going to create, but one of the example pics turned out larger than planned. Sorry!!
Back to top Go down
Anya
Addict
Anya

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! EmptyWed Jun 16, 2010 11:07 pm

D'you think you can size them down as bit?
Ah, by the by, sorry i haven't been on. I got yelled at for being on the computer too much. =__=;; I'll be on some more for a while. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!   LISTEN, PEOPLE!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

LISTEN, PEOPLE!!!
Page 1 of 1