Dichotomy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dichotomy

Species at war

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How the forum is set-up for your RP

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Atalya
Admin
Atalya

Number of posts : 97
Humor : Sarcastic
Registration date : 2008-05-29

How the forum is set-up for your RP Empty
PostSubject: How the forum is set-up for your RP   How the forum is set-up for your RP EmptyFri May 30, 2008 1:26 am

How to design your character

There will be different FAQ sheets for each main species that you will fill out and post in the character topic within your species city. If you have a picture of your character that you would like to use as your avatar, go ahead. I personally would be grateful not to have to look up your character's description every time I ran into them in the roleplay.

How to get started rp-ing

Simply walking into an existing rp within your own city is a good way to get started. If you want to start in a city outside of your characters origin, for whatever reason, go ahead. Make sure that you keep the "current location" tab in your character's profile in your character's species home city up-to-date so other players can keep track of you as well as myself. Make sure that the other players are okay with your joining and that you are aware of what has been/is going on at that particular time in that rp. If that is a little too daunting, trying creating a new area or joining an existing area and doing your own thing in a corner. Usually you will be included into the action soon. Trust me. If your character is doing something in a place where nothing is happening, I guarantee someone will pop up to interact with you. If you still can not get started, ask for help from a senior member or from me. I swear, you won't be left cold or bored on this site!

NOTE - Be patient. It took me, the creator of this place, an entire two weeks to get one response of any of the people that had signed on to the website and get a story going. If you post and no one responds, don't just keep bouncing around, wait. If you really want someone to hurry up and post where you are, try posting your plea in the chatterbox. CHances are, someone will pop up to interact with you.

How to change scenes

Within the cities will be a few basic starter points for characters to interact, such as Bar, Inn, Mall, ect. It is perfectly fine to add new places, so long as it does not get excessive. It is also perfectly fine for multiple rps to be taking place within the same area. This often makes things interesting when they start to crossover. I will ask that you try not to add too many different places, as it will begin to get confusing after a while. It is also quite possible for characters to leave a given area, and then return at a later date simply by changing the location of your entries. Just notify the people you are rp-ing with of where you all would like to move. I will try to keep up and keep up-to-date links as to where the entries are moving at the end of each entry line (beginning of rp-ing in certain area to the end of it).

How to create a new location thread

As there has been some confusion on this subject, I am going to create this sub-topic on how to create a successful location thread. If you are within a city and wish to go someplace new within the city that has not been created yet, create a new thread. The title should be the name or a breif description of the location, such as "Surat Public Park" or "City Limits". The first post within that new thread should be a description of the area so that other roleplayers will know what sort of area your character is interacting within. I also ask that you not create a thread and proceed to only post a few times in it before switching to another. Please only create a new area only if you are going to be spending some time in it. Minor scene changes, such as a short car ride to another area do not require a new thread and can be simply posted in the starting point of the car ride.

How to change cities

This works in the exact same way as changing scenes, with a minor in-between step. Instead of simply stating that you would like to travel to another city and then reappearing there, you must enter the traveling forum. There, you make a note of your character passing time between the cities (if you do not wish to rp during that particular point in the timeline) or you can also rp the travel away in this forum (such as if you are going to have your character journeying for days on a dirt road and wish to rp these days) In addition, please take the time after changing cities to make a note of it on your profile by changing your "Current Location" part of your profile.
Back to top Go down
https://dicotomy.rpg-board.net

How the forum is set-up for your RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Dichotomy :: Required Reading-
Jump to: